FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $49 OR MORE | SEE OUR RATES FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
DIY PRESSED FLOWER TRAYS
One of my favorite things is to take something old and make it new again. I found these three vintage trays for $2 a piece at a local thrift store, and immediately knew they could be something more. I had flowers pressing in coffee table books at home, and decided that they’d be the perfect thing to breath new life into my new vintage finds. The DIY is easy as can be. Below are the steps to achieve the result, but get creative with it. Pick a flower that you especially love, paint the trays your favorite color, or include inspirational sayings on your pieces of brown craft paper.
- Vintage Tray
- Acrylic Paint with paint brush, small container, and cup for water
- Pressed Flowers
- Super Glue
- Craft Paper
- Clear Plastic Resin with an old plastic cup and wooden popsicle stick for mixing
- Clean off your old vintage tray, and make sure it’s completely dry.
- Mix up your paint, and thoroughly cover both sides of the tray. You’ll have to let each side dry, and give a couple coats.
- Write Latin flower name or inspirational words on a piece of craft paper.
- Lay out the craft paper and flowers on the tray until you’re happy with the design.
- Use super glue to stick the flowers in place.
- Mix up clear plastic resin following instructions on the can closely. I followed the steps for a one-coat 1/4 inch layer of resin, adding catalyst and stirring with a popsicle stick.
- Pour resin over flowers, and let set until dry. I left mine for a full 24 hours.
- You can now enjoy using your trays. Hang them on a wall, use them for jewelry, or place them on a coffee table.