Skip to main content
DOMESTIC SHIPPING $49 OR MORE - FREE SHIPPING | INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - $4.99 FLAT RATE ON ORDERS UP TO $65

A Morning Routine: How To Set The Tone For The Day

A Morning Routine: How To Set The Tone For The Day

AVOID/IGNORE YOUR PHONE

This is a big one, and I’m sure we can universally agree that it’s NOT EASY. Something I’ve been doing consistently for a few weeks is turn my phone on Do Not Disturb mode before bed. Now, if you have a hard time getting up early or by a certain time naturally, I recommend an inexpensive but working alarm clock - or a reliable watch on your bedside table! This is just a simple way to avoid the being swayed into checking your messages as soon as you open your eyes. Remember, setting a positive tone for the day ahead starts with a mind at ease.

FUEL YOUR MIND

I personally love to start the day with a good book. My go-to’s are usually in the line of self development, business or biography. These cause me to really think and at times re-asses my actions. Choose whatever appeals to you, and warms your brain up with new energy. Another way I like to further wake up my brain is by listening to a podcast *after getting out of bed* and while getting ready for the day. AKA shower, thorough skincare routine, and a few mornings out of the week - my full makeup mood.

AWAKEN YOUR COMPLEXION

There is nothing quite like looking in the mirror in the morning, and feeling GOOD in your skin. As someone who has struggled with super sensitive skin over the years, I know my skin very well, and can usually tell what the triggers are when it's acting up. Lately I’ve been experiencing some skin texture, as my skin adjusts to the changing seasons, and I've been combating it with The Firm by Jeffrey James Botanicals, and loving the results. While applying this serum, followed by my chosen facial oil, I always give my skin a gentle but firm massage to bring about circulation and a rosy glow.

AWAKEN YOUR BODY

A body scrub is so essential to my routine right now, especially with my skin erring on the dry side, I need daily exfoliation. I've been using a scrub by Acure that has niacimide, and have only good commentary about it. I can’t take a shower without it… And it’s almost gone!

ENERGIZE & NOURISH YOUR BODY

This is so key in making the difference between a sluggish morning, and a fully capable, ready-to-take-on-the-day attitude. My “breakfast” of choice for the longest time was an almond latte. But it became addicting, and seemed to boost my stress. After delving more into the character traits of caffeine, and the different kinds - I made the discovery of my love for matcha. 90% of my days begin with a tall almond or oat matcha latte, slightly sweetened with organic agave syrup, and lately, with a bit of Goldmine's Immunity Supershroom Support. Life-changing. Now what about the other 10% of the time? I have this love/hate relationship with cacao, as it’s one of my favorite things and it’s soooo good for you, but I have a mild allergy to it. I enjoy it, nevertheless!

SHOP MY CURRENT MORNING ROUTINE ESSENTIALS

The Firm Serum Baobab Facial Oil Brightening Body Scrub Immunity Supershroom Support xx, Miss EM

Your Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Click here to continue shopping.
Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for subscribing Thanks! We will notify you when it becomes available! The max number of items have already been added There is only one item left to add to the cart There are only [num_items] items left to add to the cart